To register for Rock ‘n’ Road Trip event, runners or walkers only need to sign up through the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club platform and connect to their tracker app. Runners can then complete their registration by going to the “Events” tab and clicking “Register Now” for free on the virtual race page. For additional information on how to register, visit Getting Started Guide
Through the Rock ‘n’ Road Trip, participants will be able to earn exclusive digital event badges for every race and distance they complete; download race bib to personalize the experience; reward themselves for their efforts with cool destination themed finisher medals and T-Shirts, and earn points redeemable for sweet swag and more at www.runrocknrollstore.com/rock-n-roll-vr
. Finishers who complete the Remix Challenge also earn access to additional medals.
Looking Back to Bose Rock ‘n’ Roll VR Chicago – By the Numbers
Giving Back While Rock’n This Town
- Rock ‘n’ Roll VR Chicago offered distances of a Half Marathon,12K and 5K along with the Remix Challenge
- More than 10,000 people from 92 nations and 48 states stepped up to the virtual start line for the sixth stop on the Rock ‘n’ Roll VR Series’ Rock ‘n’ Road Trip in Chicago, Illinois this past weekend.
- Participants for Rock ‘n’ Roll VR Chicago came from around the world and ranged in age from 19 to 82.
- The United States led the way with over 7,500 walkers and runners followed by Canada (just over 400), Mexico (over 350), United Kingdom (over 300), and Portugal (over 100).
- Other nations represented included Austria, Belgium, Costa Rica, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Nicaragua, Panama, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan and Venezuela, among others.
- Of the 48 U.S. states represented this past weekend, the greatest number came from Illinois, followed by California, Texas, Virginia and Florida.
Last week, Rock This Town Ambassadors, Nashville Singer/Songwriter, Ryan Kinder and Mrs. Tennessee America 2019-2020, Heather Kinder joined members of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville Marathon and ½ Marathon staff to deliver 8,100 non-sterile face masks to the Nashville Rescue Mission. To date, over $300,000 in funds have been distributed to 120 health-related charitable organizations around the world through Rock This Town’s IRONAID COVID-19 Support Fund. Additionally, through IRONAID COVID-19 Support Fund grants, Operation IRONAID Nutrition, and Operation IRONAID Face Masks in partnership with Framebridge and supported by Good360, over 2.5 million people around the world have been supported since March. Applications for the fifth round of IRONAID COVID-19 Support Fund grants are currently being accepted. For more information about IRONAID ironmanfoundation.org/ironaid
Full details and specifics regarding the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Series, Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running Club and Challenges are available on www.runrocknrollvr.com
. For more information on the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, please visit the website at www.runrocknroll.com