Black Friday Book Sale Benefits National Black Marathoners Association’s College Scholarship Fund
From today through November 30, when the coupon code RUSA is used to purchase From the Road Race to the Rat Race: Essays from a Black Executive Marathoner by Anthony (Tony) Reed, MBA, MS, CPA, PMP, you’ll receive
· An autographed copy of the book
· Free shipping and handling
· $2.00 discount
· Part of the sale proceeds will be donated to the National Black Marathoners Association’s college scholarship program. (Over $45,000 of college scholarships have been awarded.)
Click here to order your copy for the holiday season https://anthony-reed-cpa-pc.square.site/product/from-the-road-race-to-the-rat-race-includes-s-h-/5?cs=true
Collegians and business professionals asked Tony to write his sixth book after attending his lectures and keynote speeches about his unusual and trailblazing experiences as a student, Fortune 500 corporate executive, college professor, nonprofit organizer, and 131-time marathon finisher. He managed multi-million dollar budgets and international project teams as an information technology executive. This certified distance running coach has been the co-founder and executive director of the National Black Marathoners Association (www.BlackMarathoners.org), since 2004. He’s currently the CEO of Caribbean Endurance Sports, Inc., the organizer of the Five-Island Challenge – Marathon and Half Marathon (www.FiveIslandChallenge.com). He also serves on the board of directors for the Dallas Marathon and previously served on the Running USA board.
Some of the real life situations in the book include
· As a MBA student, he attended a small breakfast meeting with President Gerald Ford where he discussed the differences between the Keynesian, the Friedmanite, and the Fisherian economic theories, as well as the challenges facing newly independent African nations.
· The Secretary of the US Department of Energy, Hazel O’Leary, asked to meet him one-on-one. Subsequently, he led a team that negotiated an estimated $40 million of severance packages for employees.
· Although he was discouraged from distance running in his first marathon (1982) by runners, he went on to complete 131 marathons, including 50 marathons in one state (2004), one marathon in each of the 50 states (2013), and a marathon on all seven continents (2007). He’s the first Black person in the world to complete the seven continents goal. The running clothes and other artifacts from the seventh continent are with the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture.
· When his graduate school classmates refused to let him in their study groups, instead of complaining to the professor, he took a different route. He studied alone, broke the grading curve with a high score, and forced all of his classmates to fail their exams. He went on be in the National Accounting Honor Society.
Click here to order your copy https://anthony-reed-cpa-pc.square.site/product/from-the-road-race-to-the-rat-race-includes-s-h-/5?cs=true
About the National Black Marathoners Association
The National Black Marathoners' Association (NBMA) is the largest and oldest nonprofit organization in the U.S. dedicated to encouraging African American men and women to pursue a healthy lifestyle through distance running and walking. It is open to everyone, regardless of his or her athletic ability, ethnic background, or previous marathon experience. The NBMA hosts an annual multi-race summit. Previous races and locations have been Lewis & Clark (St. Charles, MO), New Jersey (Long Branch, NJ), Cleveland (OH), Lost Dutchman (Apache Junction, AZ), Cowtown (Fort Worth, TX), Georgia (Atlanta), Bermuda International Race Weekend, Deadwood-Michelson (Deadwood, SD), Madison (WI), Richmond (VA), Windermere (Spokane, WA), Dallas, Columbus (OH), Go! St. Louis (MO), Baltimore (MD) Running Festival, and Little Rock (AR) Marathons.
For more information, please visit www.BlackMarathoners.org.