500 Festival Volunteer Registration Now Open for 2019
Thousands of positions available for every interest and ability
INDIANAPOLIS (January 10, 2019) – The 500 Festival, a nonprofit organization providing life-enriching events and programs that celebrate the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500®, announced that registration is now open for the 2019 500 Festival Volunteer Program, presented by Citizens Energy Group.
Each year, the 500 Festival relies on 3,500 volunteers to fill 7,000 positions to ensure its events and programs continue to deliver a lasting impact for the community and attendees. The organization is looking for individuals and groups who are interested in using their time and talent to support its wide variety of programs and events in 2019. Opportunities are available from February-May 2019. Additional information regarding opportunities, dates, time commitment and 2019 registration are available at 500Festival.com/volunteer.
Some of the volunteer opportunities available for 2019 include:
· Distribute snacks and beverages at Runners’ Services for the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
· Staff the various games & activities at the Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids’ Day
· Greet spectators and help them find their seats as an Usher for the IPL 500 Festival Parade
· Host 4th grade class study trips at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the 500 Festival & Indianapolis 500 Education Program, presented by IU Health
· Opportunities to volunteer as a group!
“We’re excited to once again create a month-long celebration of the Indy 500 through the 500 Festival’s events,” said Bob Bryant, president and CEO, 500 Festival. “The magic of May is made possible by the generous efforts of thousands of our volunteers. We’re thankful for those who return year after year and encourage anyone with a passion for helping others enjoy the Festival’s events to register.”
The 500 Festival is offering more than 7000 volunteer positions in 2019, ensuring a role for every interest and ability. In addition to an unforgettable experience, 500 Festival volunteers will receive:
· Free commemorative volunteer t-shirt
· Free collector’s pin
· Invitation to the 500 Festival’s Volunteer Appreciation Day hosted at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on May 18, 2019
· Two tickets to the 2019 Indy 500 qualifications
· Access to the 500 Festival Volunteer virtual goodie bag which contains exclusive promotions and discounts
· Snacks & beverages during your volunteer shift
· Special access at 500 Festival programs and events
Volunteers must register for at least one volunteer position by April 10, 2019 to receive the invitation to 500 Festival’s Volunteer Appreciation Day. Visit500Festival.com/volunteer to learn more, view a list of opportunities, and register to volunteer in 2019. Additional questions regarding volunteer opportunities with the 500 Festival may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. See how others give back to the 500 Festival on social media with #500Volunteers.
The 500 Festival Volunteer Program is presented by Citizens Energy Group, with additional support from HotBox Pizza.
About the 500 Festival
Founded in 1957, the 500 Festival is a not-for-profit organization that produces life-enriching events and programs that celebrate the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500® and foster positive impact on the city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana. One of the largest festivals in the nation, each year more than half a million people attend an event or program produced by the 500 Festival. Since its founding, the 500 Festival has contributed more than $400 million in economic value to Indianapolis. To learn more about the 500 Festival, please visit 500festival.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.