Running USA Seeks Membership Development Manager
Running USA is looking for a passionate and experienced membership sales professional to join its team. The Membership Development Manager will oversee and manage the day-to-day membership process from prospecting and onboarding to maintaining strong relations with new and existing members. A strong sales background will enable the Membership Development Manager to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual membership goals.
- Develop and lead the execution of the organization’s member recruitment and retention strategy.
- Work in partnership with the CEO to develop quarterly and annual membership goals
- Develop programs, strategies, and initiatives to increase membership and achieve membership goals.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Director to create an environment and communication strategy that makes members feel welcomed and valued.
- Be the liaison between members and all areas of the organization.
- Work closely with the VP of Operations, Programming and Partnerships to promote and manage the sales and delivery of member sponsor packages.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual membership reports to track membership growth and activity and present to the CEO and/or board of directors.
- Prepare and send member invoicing and work closely with accounting to track payments.
- Attend the annual industry conference and be available to attend other industry networking events as needed.
- Help with the planning and execution of the annual conference including but not limited to communicating with hotel staff, speakers, and attendees, managing onsite registration and expo hall and overseeing on-site customer/member service.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative without direction.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills that allow effective one-on-one and group presentations to current and potential members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of HubSpot preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years’ sales experience
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Strong interpersonal skills
A commitment to a high level of customer service
Database management/customer relationship management (CRM) experience
Experience with Microsoft Office
Working knowledge of the running industry, specifically road races, a plus
This position provides the ability to work remotely and reports directly to the CEO (Note: The Membership Development Manager will also work closely with the VP of Operations, Programming and Partnership and the Marketing and Communications Manager.)
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Running USA:
Running USA is a non-profit organization committed to the growth and success of the running industry. Our promise is to deliver quality education, exceptional industry content, valuable research and ample networking opportunities. We connect. We support. We educate. Running USA brings together an entire community. As the voice of endurance running, we’re all about connection and collaboration. Whether we’re connecting race organizers with sponsors, partners and athletes, or connecting our members with vital information and best practices, our goal is to raise the profile of running and help more people get more out of it. For more information, visit www.runningusa.org