NYRR Job: Manager, Asset & Inventory Management
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
The overall objective of ED&P department is the management of all NYRR event and production operations, from sound logistical and financial planning to safe and efficient execution, while working with the Business Development & Strategic Partnerships department to develop event models that result in contributing to the overall success of the organization.
About the Position
The position will oversee all durable and consumable NYRR assets stored in the organization’s warehouse facilities. Primary responsibilities will include monitoring and reporting on the company’s assets and efficient handling of products and supplies critical for the attainment of organizational goals. Reliable professional with excellent record-keeping abilities that possess great attention to detail and a business mindset. The goal is to ensure that all business operations have adequate material to achieve their objectives.
Brief Overview: This candidate holds a pivotal role within the organization. Managing, accounting for, and coordinating the delivery, return, and quality assurance of all NYRR assets and equipment needed for 56+ running events, associated experiential programs, and NYRR’s flagship retail store, along with office support. A high degree of confidence in the ability to improve currentasset management methods and structures commensurate with the 21st Century.
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to think both quantitively and qualitatively and has the skill set to deliver concise, effective, and professional information to large groups.
The candidate will direct and manage a multi-million-dollar budget, exercising the proper disciplines and structure between multiple departments, vendors, and suppliers. The Manager will oversee all inventory operations for the 50,000 sq. ft. warehouse facility and will be an integral part of the transition from a manual based operating system into a fully automated warehouseenterprise.
- Meticulous attention to detail operating in a safe and efficient environment.
- Work with Event Managers to develop equipment lists and logistical operations for NYRR events.
- Working knowledge of heavy machinery operations and fleet vehicle management is a plus.
- Pride of ownership in materials handling and regular cleaning and maintenance of equipment/vehicles.
- Manage equipment packing, load-in and load-out operations for NYRR event properties.
- Manage warehouse team part time staffing program; working closely with the Senior Manager, Event Staffing and Training and HR on recruitment, hiring, onboarding and ongoing training; and managing scheduling, communications and payroll processes in accordance with budget.
- Oversee a part time staff team of up to approximately 60 personnel supporting NYRR event operations.
- Oversee a team of warehouse lead personnel for Floor Management, Inventory Control and Special Projects.
- Ensures adequate inventory of all materials and products in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy and needs.
- Oversee all inventory operations, including optimal levels of inventory in addition to shipping, storage, and receiving.
- Manage inbound receiving of all new items entering NYRR warehouse facilities to maintain accurate on-hand balances.
• Conducts daily inventory analysis to resolve inventory problems and reports discrepancies once discovered. Maintains location survey accuracy and inventory accuracy of all items stored within the NYRR Warehouse facility.
• Record daily deliveries/ shipments and reconcile inventory levels to ensure that on hand balances are reconciled accordingly with automated system levels.
- Communicates frequently with the Warehouse Management team on topics pertaining to current stock levels and assists with the implementation and enforcement of policies for product leaving the control of NYRR in support of race events, as well as NYRR property utilized by third-party contractors in the execution of races.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all requests for inventory verification, and work closely with internal teams including Procurement, Licensing & Merchandising, and Creative Services on the receiving and quality control of shipments.
- Manage inventory and consumption tracking process of all NYRR sponsored product and other consumable items.
- Working with warehouse operations team, ensure that standing inventory on kits utilized for regular events are restocked and balanced in between events.
• Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff members throughout the organizations to ensure business goals are met.
• Create a catalog of all assets stored within the warehouse with specific information that will assist the EML team with planning. This information should consist of measurements, photographs and nomenclatures.
• Use software to monitor demand levels and frequency to create a JIT standard to ensure the optimization of warehouse space.
- Coordinate with IT department on development and maintenance of asset management software systems and related hardware.
- Oversee donation of expired consumable product and outdated branded goods.
• Working with the management team and SOP team on creation of a receiving, shipping and storage SOP which will be communicated throughout the organization.
- Manage the day-to-day supervision and productivity of the quality control and inventory management team in the execution of assigned tasks.
• Manage budget line GL codes as assigned to update rolling projections verse actuals.
- This role is based out of Bronx warehouse with the occasional requirement to visit our headquarters in midtownManhattan.
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities (if applicable)
•Effectively manage employee performance through communication of expectations and standards
•Prepare performance appraisals. Work with next level management, as applicable
•Provide effective feedback and coaching to employees, including potential areas of improvement
•Create goals for the team and individual employees
•Encourage an environment of transparency, support, development, and growth
•Delegate and distribute tasks and responsibilities appropriately
•Ensure employees and staff adhere to company policies and procedures
•Make decisions based on best interest of organization
•Track employee attendance, if applicable
•Collaborate with Human Resources as support
•Promote team culture that coincides with NYRR mission and core values
Skills and Attributes:
- Advanced skills in Excel and proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, interpersonal and written skills. Bilingual Spanish fluency a plus.
- Adaptable to a flexible schedule, must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed in support of NYRR events.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of organization.
- Ability to work autonomously on tasks assigned without direct supervision
- Strong reliable team player with the ability to maintain integrity, confidentiality and lead by example across multiple functions
- Must be able to manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously, and stay calm in a fast-paced environment
- 8-10 years of aggregated experience with the last 3-5 years specific in a comparable position or role. Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position.
- Experience working with database systems or inventory/asset management platforms.
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. CPIM) will be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- An analytical mind with strong math skills preferred
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- Familiarity with types of equipment utilized in outdoor event environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred concentration in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Business or related fields
- Valid, clean driver's license; commercial driver's license preferred.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Forklift certification or the ability to acquire one within 30 days of employment. Forklift experience preferred.
- Able to sit and work at computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/nyrr/job/o4Is9fw7
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer