NYRR Job: Assistant Manager, Security and Safety Operations
About the Department
The overall objective of ED&P department is the management of all NYRR event and production operations, from sound logistical and financial planning to safe and efficient execution.
NYRR’s Safety & Security team, within the Event Development and Production Department is responsible for all operations and functions ensuring NYRR events and programs are safe, secure and medically supported. The Assistant Manager, Security & Medical Operations reports to the Director, Safety, Security & Preparedness and serves as a member on the safety & preparedness team. The assistant manager will support the director and assist the departmental emergency management team on operational components and administration related to event security and medical preparedness. The candidate will work in the NYRR’s main office and on-site at events, including all marquee NYRR races.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- For the TCS NYC Marathon and other large races, manage the design, ordering, and administration of the personnel and vehicle accreditation program, including distribution of 25,000+ unique personnel credentials and 4,000+ vehicle credentials. Additionally:
- Administer background check program for sensitive areas
- Coordinate accreditations with agency partners
- Assist with developing weekly race security plans, coordinating with event managers and security vendors.
- Assist with designing security overlays, access control plans and layered approach to security for all NYRR public events, including:
- Coordinate with public safety and law enforcement officials on all aspects of security planning, law enforcement and NYRR deployments, and infrastructure needs
- Coordinate the planning of security guard and K9 assets, liaising with event management team and NYRR security contractors (MSA and security guard orders).
- Assist with document development, including security, contingency and medical operations plan.
- Assist with all vendor relationships, contracts, insurance, billing, accounts payable and budget tracking (projections/actuals) for security, medical and emergency management operations.
Race Communications Center
- Assistance with Race Communications Center (RCC) technology, including:
- Mobile and temporary command center setups (physical infrastructure and space design)
- Communications network and equipment (IT systems, laptops, tablets, video screens/monitors, phones, radios, GPS tracking, weather monitoring devices, etc.)
- Rented camera networks (CCTV)
- Emergency notification systems, including contact uploading, testing, training, and coordination of messages
- Medical patient tracking
- Assist with RCC staffing (full-time/agency), training, and overall program management and buildout.
- Assist with the coordination of the Medical Patient Tracking system before race, on-site system troublshooting and post-race inventory
- Oversee the relations with the Amateur Radio Operators (ARO) / HAMS, ensuring all credentials are in order and plans in place.
- Prepare all necessary Part 18 permits, NYC DOB, FDNY permit applications with NYRR expediter
- Assist with the development of emergency reference pocket guide.
- Support submission of ICS documentation and state required medical plans.
- Assist with development and management of company-wide training and certification programs.
- Work on-site at races in a race communication and medical operations capacity as needed.
- Assist with agency hospitality, including agency entry program, agency running teams, meetings, apparel, and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain relationships with medical provider and government agency personnel to assist with the facilitation of successful event execution.
- Gather data for After Action Report (AAR) to further advance NYRR best practices.
- 2-4 years' experience in security, medical, criminal justice or military background preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with NYC city agencies, particularly on large scale events.
- Knowledge of common medical terminology and care provider types.
- Knowledge of the structure and divisions of the NYPD and other city, state and federal law enforcement agencies
- Experience in mass-participatory sporting event production.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification preferred.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment greater than 25lbs.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong administrative, customer service and time management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Calm, cool, collected team player able to work positively in high-stress, on-site environments. Must be comfortable interacting with high-ranking agency officials in a customer service and event management capacity.
- Ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, and exhibit professionalism at all times.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, timeline focused attitude.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Independent, organized and driven professional, able to self-motivate and innovate.
For more information and to apply: https://jobs.jobvite.com/nyrr/job/ouas9fwZ
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer