NYRR Job: Team for Kids Part Time Program Support
Department: YCS – Runner & Community Runner Engagement
Reports to: Senior Manager, TFK
Status: Regular Part-time
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
Although best known for the Marathon and our weekly races throughout New York City, serving children and communities through running is central to NYRR’s mission. What began in 1998 with one site and 15 children has blossomed into Rising New York Road Runners, a comprehensive and dynamic youth running program, which serves 250,000 children in New York City and across the United States.
Team for Kids is the primary fundraising vehicle for NYRR’s youth running programs. Our team is comprised of adult runners who receive guaranteed entry into 15 premier endurance running events while committing to fundraise in support of our youth programs.
About the Position
Team for Kids has more than doubled in size in the past three years, proudly training and giving entry to over 6,000 runners annually. The team is now seeking a part-time individual to provide program support to allow us to continue to provide an excellent and personal member experience.
This is a part-time position offering 20-25 hours per week with some seasonal fluctuation. Most of the work will be done in the NYRR office with some out-of-office support required on nights and weekends.
- Customer Service: Provide unparalleled support and customer service to our members at all times through e-mail, phone, and personal interactions.
- Registration: Provide registration support to TFK staff to ensure all TFK runners are properly registered for events.
- Process Improvement: Analyze current processes and systems to make suggestions for improvements and increased efficiencies.
- Merchandising: Responsible for tracking and submitting orders to fulfillment center. Fulfilling in-house singlet exchanged. Oversee mater inventory.
- Event Support: Attend and assist in planning of TFK training runs (held on weekdays during marathon season and Saturdays year-round), all TFK race day events in NYC, and additional recruitment and team events as needed throughout the year during evenings and weekends.
- Finance: Responsible for entering and tracking all daily donations (credit card, cash, wire transfers). Work with TFK staff and Finance liaison to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and proper posting of fundraising dollars to individuals’ accounts.
- Fundraising: Support staff in technology build out for new “Create Your Own Event” initiative, creation of new registration process, administration of program, customer service, participant communications, and fundraising.
- Communication: Assist team with drafting of weekly runner bulletin, updating training website content and other communications as needed.
- Social Media: Assist team with creating content for social media and monitoring our platforms.
- New Events: Assist team in the launch of six new events by 2022, including registration, reporting, participant communication, fundraising and customer service.
- Mailings: Lead thank you mailings for the 5 borough race events.
- Assist team with other projects as needed.
Skills and Attributes:
- Friendly, personable, outgoing, and energetic personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High-initiative and hard-working
- Enjoys working on a team
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, required
- Ability to problem-solve quickly
- Previous nonprofit fundraising and marketing experience a plus; some prior work experience required
- Experience working with in excel
- This position is based in Manhattan with nights and weekend work required during peak seasons.
- Passion for NYRR’s mission
How to Apply:
To be considered , please submit your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=on3aafwu&s=runningusa.org