NYRR Job: Senior Manager, Development Administration
About the Department
The primary purpose of the Development department is to raise funds for the organization’s various philanthropic efforts (Youth and Community Service Programs and special projects). Development creates and executes a yearly comprehensive plan to secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations. The department is responsible for expanding and diversifying the organization’s funding base and furthering the potential for future fundraising efforts.
About the Position:
The Senior Manager, Development Administration, provides strategic leadership in the areas of gift processing, database integrity, reporting, data analysis, and system enhancements. They oversee the day-to-day operations the Salesforce database including establishing business rules, maintaining database documentation of policies, processes, and protocols, clean-up projects and data enrichment processes. Works closely with the IT team in the development and implementation of best practices for the management of Salesforce and other proprietary databases within Development.
They also proactively recommend and implement solutions for automation with an emphasis on efficiency, consistency, and best practices for information management, gift administration, and donor/prospect relations. This position will execute reports and lists for use by end-users across the department, internal and external presenters, the Development team in support of trend analysis for strategy and decision-making.
This position oversees the work of Development Associate to assist with data entry, gift processing and acknowledgement letters.
- Serve as the Development and Philanthropy lead for data management including but not limited to:
- Lead development and implementation of strategy related to donor database (salesforce) and serve as liaison with IT team to ensure the system and our processes are functioning optimally
- Ensuring smooth functioning of development donor database, updating and cleaning records and devising data entry and coding protocols,
- Producing reports on donors and revenue upon request, ensuring alignment with the finance department
- Overseeing and reporting weekly and monthly on all donation intake portals and supplying additional financial/donation reports as deemed necessary.
- Maintain comprehensive, accurate, and timely systems for development research and reporting to support fundraising objectives, including data mining for prospect identification;
- Identify research and profile individual major donors, foundations, corporations and prospects;
- Stay informed on trends in prospect research and online search.
Supervise Development Associate on tasks including:
- Preparation of large data lists for gift processing,
- Assist with database maintenance/conversions,
- Assist with donation tracking process,
- Process incoming check and credit card donations; enter into donor database; prepare timely acknowledgement letters; and perform other tasks associated with donation entry and tracking,
- Help prepare donation deposits,
- Assist with collection of matching gifts,
- Support the production of several departmental events throughout the year, in both planning and – most likely – by working these events (some evenings and weekends requested), and
- Provide overflow support for the department as needed.
- 4 years' previous related experience managing a database, preferably in fundraising
- 3 years’ related experience cultivating relationships internally and externally
- Strong understanding of database architecture
Skills and Attributes:
- Power user of salesforce or other similar donor database with the ability to both develop and guide strategy while also being able to execute in the system on a day-to-day basis
- Superior organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to juggle multiple projects and frequent deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to provide a superior customer service experience
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff across divisions
- Knowledge of fundraising and development practices, standards, and reporting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of budgeting processes
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and perform under pressure
- Passion for the New York Road Runners mission
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ow9mbfwW&s=runningusa.org