NYRR Job: Manager of Philanthropic Membership
Department: Development and Philanthropy
Reports to: Director of Individual Giving
Status: Full time, Exempt
Location: 156 West 56th Street, New York, NY 10019
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
The primary purpose of the Development department is to raise funds for the organization’s various philanthropic efforts (Youth and Community Service Programs and special projects). Development creates and executes a yearly comprehensive plan to secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations. The department is responsible for expanding and diversifying the organization’s funder base, furthering the potential for future fundraising efforts.
About the Position
The primary focus of this position will be to develop and oversee a comprehensive strategy to increase our philanthropic membership program in conjunction with our strategic goals as department. We are looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and tremendous work ethic.
- Develop and implement a growth and retention strategy for Philanthropic Membership, with a focus on building a consistent and engaged group of members
- Track, improve, and interpret key performances indicators and adjust strategy accordingly
- Serve as the primary point of contact for members, delivering a high-touch experience and responding to any questions/concerns/requests in a timely manner
- Cultivate and steward relationships with all members, interacting at events and races, and corresponding via phone and email
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop content that will engage members, drive acquisition, and increase retention
- Partner with the Senior Manager of Development Administration and the Development Coordinator to accurately maintain and update membership in multiple databases, including Salesforce
- Assist with the creation, coordination and staffing of donor cultivation and fundraising events
- Work with the Manager of Events and Stewardship to engage members at existing and/or new events throughout the year
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oEFNbfw1&s=runningusa.org