NYRR Job: Human Resources Manager, Warehouse
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources
Location: Bronx Warehouse
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people. Since then, NYRR has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s races, community events, instruction and training resources, and youth programs give hundreds of thousands of people each year the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed ING New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top pro runners and committed amateurs alike while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for the City. But NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire more than 100,000 kids in underserved communities in New York City, all 50 states, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR implements a unique nonprofit model that teams contributed and earned income to make all its efforts possible. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Position
NYRR is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team working in our warehouse. The HR Manager will be instrumental in the success of various initiatives at NYRR. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in employee relations, talent management, and professional development / training.
The HR Manager will be responsible for providing generalist HR support to the warehouse team on a managerial level. Responsibilities include management of talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, training, and retention. In addition, the HR Manager will assist the event staffing team with scheduling and staffing the warehouse employees at our events.
The HR Manager will report to the VP of Human Resources and work closely with others in the HR department as well as collaborate with the event staffing team. This is a great opportunity to make a positive impact in a unique non-profit, events-based company.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with warehouse managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conduct background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, including safety training, anti-harassment training, and certifications.
- Collaborate with event staffing team to ensure weekly events are staffed appropriately.
- Perform tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits and leaves; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the VP of HR.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effectively manage employee performance through communication of expectations and standards
• Prepare performance appraisals. Work with next level management (directors or department head as applicable) when employee performance does not meet standards
• Provide effective feedback and coaching to employees, including potential areas of improvement
• Create goals for the team and individual employees
• Encourage an environment of transparency, support, development, and growth
• Delegate and distribute tasks and responsibilities appropriately
• Ensure employees and staff adhere to company policies and procedures
• Make decisions based on best interest of organization
• Track employee attendance, if applicable
• Collaborate with Human Resources as support
• Promote team culture that coincides with NYRR mission and core values
Skills and Attributes:
- Skilled in conflict resolution
- Must have ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Must have ability to work effectively with others
- Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize work
- Analytical ability and sound decision making skills required
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- 7+ years of experience as an HR generalist required, at least two years on a managerial level
- Solid experience administering all phases of talent management process, including recruitment, performance management, professional development and training,
- Experience with HRIS systems, ADP highly preferred
- Familiarity with federal and NYS employment laws, FMLA, Title VII, FLSA, HIPPA, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology or related field
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oZ8HbfwJ&s=runningusa.org