NYRR Job: Director of Diversity and Inclusion
About the Department
The Executive Office provides strategic leadership for NYRR by working closely with the Board of Directors and executive leadership to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies to successfully carry out the mission and goals of the organization.
About the Position:
New York Road Runners is seeking a full-time Director of Diversity, & Inclusion to cultivate and further embed a diverse and inclusive culture across all facets of NYRR. The Director will report to the President & CEO and be responsible for the development and execution of strategic initiatives and programs, including training/education, workforce partnerships, employee and community engagement.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience with proven success in creating and implementing diversity and inclusion strategies
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into executable strategy and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan
- Proven experience leading large-scale change management initiatives and demonstrated solid business acumen, analytical skills, reliability and sound judgment.
- Experience in translating external and internal trends into innovative practices
- Proven track record of facilitating company-level initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, drive decision-making, and measure impact
- Experience serving as a representative of senior management to the broader organization and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven ability to drive change: to transform, align and inspire across all levels within an organization
- Collaborative with a natural orientation towards community building and organizing
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail combined with ability to see the bigger picture; ability to navigate change, take ownership and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with thought leadership and change management
- Excellent writing skills and ability to tailor messages for specific audiences and spokespeople
- Ability to professionally represent NYRR and the Executive Office
- Ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels of the organization
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR is an Equal Opportunity employer
How to Apply:
To be considered, please apply at: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oNVhafwT&s=runningusa.org