NYRR Job: Director, Individual Giving
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department:
The primary purpose of the Development department is to raise funds for the organization’s various philanthropic efforts (Youth and Community Service Programs and special projects). Development creates and executes a yearly comprehensive plan to secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations. The department is responsible for expanding and diversifying the organization’s funder base, furthering the potential for future fundraising efforts.
About the Position
Reporting to the VP of Development and Philanthropy, the Director of Individual Giving is responsible for all aspects of individual giving program to support NYRR’s programming needs. This role also oversees the Manager of Philanthropic Membership. Part of a growing team, we are looking for an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, outstanding writing and communications skills, and is a self-starter.
- Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive individual giving strategy to discover, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors, including messaging and a financial budget to achieve yearly goals and growth annually.
- Work with the VP of Development to build and maintain a pipeline of individual donors
- Manage a portfolio of annual individual donors in the $2,500 - $50,000 range, and larger gifts as applicable
- Oversee the Manager of Philanthropic Membership to develop and implement a comprehensive plan to grow the Philanthropic Membership program
- Partner with the marketing and communications team to create collateral to support the individual giving strategy including, but not limited to appeals, cultivation event invitations, and stewardship pieces
- Partner with Director of Development to solicit individual donors for NYRR’s signature annual event, Night of Champions
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Development Administration to oversee the organization and integrity of our donor database
- Assist with the creation, coordination and staffing of donor cultivation and fundraising events
- 5-7 years’ of development and fundraising experience
- 5 years’ related experience cultivating relationships internally and externally
- 3 years’ experience leading a team
- Proven experience soliciting five figure gifts
- Bachelor’s degree required
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to research information and compile into a briefing for presentation to key stakeholders
- Strong interest in running and ability to articulate NYRR’s mission and its case for support
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently follow up on details
- Must be able to function independently and in close cooperation with others
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oB9mbfw1&s=runningusa.org