NYRR Job: Assistant Manager, Strategy, Planning and Organization Operations
Department: Strategy, Planning & Organization Operations
Reports to: Manager, Strategy, Planning & Organization Operations
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
The Strategy, Planning & Organization Operations team works collaboratively with all departments across the organization to support strategy formulation, growth plan execution, and project implementation. The team provides the organization with in-depth analytical support in evaluating existing operations and new business opportunities. Furthermore, they help lead and advise cross-functional project teams in executing the many action items/special projects that have been designed to help NYRR continue to reach its strategic objectives.
About the Position
The Assistant Manager, Strategy & Planning will support project management of initiative implementation and execution across NYRR. Reporting to the Manager, Strategy & Planning, the Assistant Manager will serve 2 primary functions: (1) providing critical support of major initiative and event planning, and (2) supporting cross-functional teams to execute on the many action items/special projects that have been designed to help NYRR continue to reach its strategic objectives.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Support strategic initiative planning efforts across the team, owning key workstreams and assisting with cross-functional collaborative efforts; develop detailed project workplans and deliverables; contribute to day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across multiple projects
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to support project planning and strategy recommendations
- Problem-solve and identify opportunities for process improvements across planning workstreams; Ensure approaches and solutions are linked to overall organization objectives and future needs
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Partner with project team leads to prepare and present work output/final deliverables
- Foster embrace of organization-wide change management and role model associated best practices
Skills and Attributes:
- High initiative, able to drive timely delivery of workplan and effectively problem-solve with sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Strong presentation skills and comfort speaking in front of large cross-functional teams
- 2-5 years strategy and/or project management experience
- Record of change management and process improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Heart, humor and a passion for sports (especially running) a plus!
How to Apply:
To be Considered, please forward your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=okgHbfwc&s=runningusa.org