NYRR Job: Coordinator, NYRR Striders (Part-time)
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
New York Road Runners has been offering free youth running programs in schools and at community centers since 1999. Starting in one borough of New York City with one school and 15 kids, we’ve grown to serve all five boroughs, the tri-state area and 48 states nationwide. The department also partners with the Youth Events team at NYRR to put on 100 free races and events each year across NYC. NYRR’s youth platform, Rising New York Road Runners, is designed to build fitness skills in ways that work for kids of all ability levels in grades pre-K through 12th grade and instill the confidence and motivation to stay healthy and active for life. We provide all the tools, from instructor training and resources to equipment and free incentives as kids reach milestones.
About the Position
The NYRR Striders Part-time Coordinator’s core responsibility will be to develop, coordinate, perform various administrative functions and to assist with the day-to-day operations of NYRR Striders programs. This position will work closely and reports to the Assistant Manager of NYRR Striders as well as 15 part-time Striders coaches.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Manage program documents and records.
- Research senior centers to identify viable locations for new possible NYRR Striders sites.
- Assist in the promotion and outreach efforts for NYRR Striders.
- Support in conducting regular site visits to all NYRR Striders sites.
- Assist with the development of the NYRR Striders monthly newsletter to site directors.
- Assist with regular updates to the NYRR Striders Facebook account.
- Support formal and informal testing of new systems and processes for program implementation.
- Assist with the planning and promotion of 25+ NYRR Striders events.
- Work multiple weekday and weekend days a year at major NYRR and Youth & Community events, in accordance. with the events participation policies.
- Work independently and as a team on special projects and events as they arise.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working with Social Service or education a plus
- 1 – 2 years’ community engagement experience preferred
- 1 – 2 years’ event planning and management experience is preferred
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, consistently deployed in a constituent-friendly manner
- Experience with project management
- Undergraduate degree preferred or must be in progress of obtaining undergraduate degree required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong team focus and the ability to relate to and work with diverse populations as sites and events are located throughout New York City
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Initiative to identify and offer suggestions for improvements or enhancements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications, especially Excel; PowerPoint; and Word preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- General appreciation for living a healthy lifestyle
- Must be available 20-25/hours per week.
- First Aid and CPR/AED preferred
- Willingness to travel throughout NYC, work various weekends and extended hours as needed
How to Apply:
To be considered, please submit your resume to: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=on3aafwu&s=runningusa.org