Manager – Social Media and Graphic Design for Atlanta Track Club
Are you a creative and social media-savvy graphic designer and video editor? Atlanta Track Club seeks an energetic self-starter to create content and engage with the constituents of the nation’s second largest running and walking organization. In this fast-paced-but-rewarding environment, your work will impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of finishers in the Club’s programs and events and appear at prestigious races like the AJC Peachtree Road Race and the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Marathon, both of which are organized by Atlanta Track Club.
Atlanta Track Club is a nonprofit committed to creating an active and healthy Atlanta. Through running and walking, Atlanta Track Club motivates, inspires and engages the community to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. With more than 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the AJC Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler and the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 30 events per year. Through the support of its members and volunteers, Atlanta Track Club also maintains a number of community initiatives including organizing and promoting the Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth, honoring high school cross country and track and field athletes through Atlanta Track Club’s All-Metro Banquets and supporting other local nonprofits with similar missions through its Adopt-a-Mile program.
Position: Manager – Social Media and Graphic Design
Position Overview: Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Manager – Social Media and Graphic Design will oversee the strategy, programming and content of Atlanta Track Club’s social media accounts. This person will work in collaboration with the Manager – Brand and Design to ensure strategies align with larger marketing plans and goals for events, programs and initiatives. This position also includes leading the design process for a select number of Atlanta Track Club events, programs and initiatives as well as development of content and look and feel for Atlanta Track Club’s website.
- Oversee and facilitate the growth and evolution of Atlanta Track Club’s social media accounts.
- Collaborate with marketing department to align social media strategy with marketing goals and timelines.
- Develop unique and engaging social media content included but not limited to graphics and videos.
- Interact with social media followers and fans by providing timely responses to comments and inquiries using Atlanta Track Club’s brand voice.
- Develop “look and feel” of select number of Atlanta Track Club events, programs and initiatives.
- Lead the creation of event collateral, including signage, apparel, medals, race numbers and advertisements for select Atlanta Track Club events, programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Manager – Brand and Design to prioritize, ideate and complete graphic requests to meet set deadlines.
- Conceptualize and produce unique and engaging video content that drives brand awareness and registrations as well as enhances Atlanta Track Club’s video library.
- Manage and design aesthetics and functionality of Atlanta Track Club website and associated microsites.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree in graphic design or related field of study
- 1-3 years of graphic design experience required
- Expert understanding of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat and the content that best fits the audience of those platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Proficiency in basic HTML
- Understanding of strong brand presence, brand awareness and brand guidelines
- Ability to work creatively within set guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of trends within the running/fitness apparel industry
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and detailed.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and extended weekday hours as needed to support the club’s mission.
- Ability and willingness to manage load-in and load-out process at events, including heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs).
- Demonstrated passion for Atlanta Track Club mission.
- Demonstrated commitment to running and physical fitness preferred.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 1, 2019. Because of the volume of applications received, please understand that we cannot respond to each applicant individually. You will be contacted if more information is required or if you are considered for the position to which you applied. No phone calls, please.