Manager - Brand and Design - Atlanta Track Club
Are you a creative graphic designer with a passion for health and fitness? Do you want to be part of Atlanta sports history, guiding design of the 50th Running of the AJC Peachtree Road Race and the 2020 Olympic Team Trials – Marathon? Would you like to see your art on the start and finish structures of the most prestigious road races in the southeast and on the shirts and medals worn by the proud finishers of those races? Are you interested in managing the brand of one of the largest running organizations in the world? If you answered yes to those questions, Atlanta Track Club wants you to apply for the position of Manager – Brand and Design.
Atlanta Track Club is a nonprofit committed to creating an active and healthy Atlanta. Through running and walking, Atlanta Track Club motivates, inspires and engages the community to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. With more than 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the AJC Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K running event in the world, Publix Atlanta Marathon, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler and Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 30 events per year. Through the support of its members and volunteers, Atlanta Track Club also maintains a number of community initiatives including organizing and promoting the Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth, honoring high school cross country and track and field athletes through Atlanta Track Club’s All-Metro Banquets and supporting other local nonprofits with similar missions through its Adopt-a-Mile program.
Position: Manager – Brand and Design
Position Overview: Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Manager – Brand and Design oversees all applications of Atlanta Track Club’s brand and registered marks by the organization itself and by licensed partners. They will also ensure the proper application of brands and marks Atlanta Track Club is licensed to use. This position is also responsible for the concept, design and creation of all look and feel elements of Atlanta Track Club events, programs and initiatives. This includes but is not limited to signage, apparel, medals, race numbers and advertisements. The Manager – Brand and Design oversees the hiring and direction of all freelance photographers/videographers and serves as the photo editor for Atlanta Track Club’s monthly magazine, Wingfoot.
- Oversee and facilitate the growth and evolution of Atlanta Track Club’s brand and registered marks using the current Atlanta Track Club brand guidelines established in 2013.
- Manage the use of Atlanta Track Club’s brand and registered marks by departments, events and programs within the Club and by licensed partners.
- Manage the use of partners’ brand and registered marks by departments, events and programs within the Club.
- Develop “look and feel” of all Atlanta Track Club events, programs and initiatives.
- Lead the creation of event collateral not limited to signage, apparel, medals, race numbers and advertisements.
- Lead the creation of branded merchandise with the Merchandising Manager.
- Oversee and approve the work of other designers creating Atlanta Track Club collateral.
- Manage hiring and assignment of all freelance photographers and videographers
- Manage storing and organization of Atlanta Track Club photo library.
- Create yearly event apparel strategy with merchandise manager
- Serve as photo editor of Wingfoot Magazine.
- Play a supporting role in content generation for Atlanta Track Club’s social media channels.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- College degree.
- 2-3 years of graphic design experience required
- Familiarity with the running and fitness community
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Understanding of strong brand presence, brand awareness and brand guidelines
- Ability to work creatively within set guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of trends within the running/fitness apparel industry
- Understanding of social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat and the content that best fits the audience of those platforms
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be highly organized, efficient, and detailed.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work weekends and extended weekday hours as needed to support the club’s mission.
- Ability and willingness to manage load-in and load-out process at events, including heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs).
- Demonstrated passion for Atlanta Track Club mission.
- Demonstrated commitment to running and physical fitness preferred.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 25, 2018. Because of the volume of applications received, please understand that we cannot respond to each applicant individually. You will be contacted if more information is required or if you are considered for the position to which you applied. No phone calls, please.