Have you managed a non-profit organization? A southeast athletic non-profit has a great opportunity
Job Summary: Director is responsible for the management and execution of the organization .
1. Plans, coordinates and supervises all necessary work related to the operation and management of the organization and its events.
2. Responsible for the development and execution of the annual budget.
3. Directly responsible for the recruitment and retention of the sponsors.
4. Oversees the public relations, marketing and media/social media strategy management of the event.
5. Ensures overall compliance with local and state law enforcement and the permitting process with all involved governments for the staging of the event.
6. Directly supervises the Deputy Director and indirectly supervises all staff.
7. Attends Executive Board meetings and other related Committees of the Board and prepares appropriate reports to the Board and its members.
8. Develops and maintains organizational values and principles in cooperation with the Executive Board, regulatory and community agencies, sponsors and participants.
9. Attends national conferences and expos for marketing and promotion of events as well as media contact for the event.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Special Event Management or related field and 5 years related work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skill
Knowledge: Knowledge of the principles and practices of event planning, marketing and management; general safety practices related to special events/running events; exceptional customer service practices.
Abilities: Ability to manage multiple tasks in a detailed and effective manner; ability to implement cost-effective programs to meet the needs of all events; ability to administer budgets; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and draft effective plans of action
Supervision Required: Under general direction of the Executive Board, the employee plans and carries out the regular work in accordance with standard practices and previous training, with substantial responsibility for determining the sequence and timing of action and substantial independence in planning and organizing the work activities, including determining the work methods. The employee is expected to solve through experienced judgment most problems of detail or unusual situations by adapting methods or interpreting instructions to resolve the particular problem. Instructions for new assignments or special projects usually consist of statements of desired objectives, deadlines and priorities Work is generally reviewed only for technical adequacy, appropriateness of actions or decisions.
Our clients is offering an above average salary and a great benefit package.
Contact Charles Foster, email@example.com