Business Development Manager - The GivenGain Foundation
GivenGain is a non-profit foundation with offices in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada and South Africa. We started with a simple idea: to enable global philanthropy by providing a platform that simplifies global giving and fundraising. Since 2001, GivenGain has assisted donors and fundraisers in 193 countries to support charities in more than 60 countries. The platform enables public events like running and cycling races and their participants to fundraise together for charities of their choice. We currently work with events in more than 20 countries : https://www.givengain.com/team/join/event/
GivenGain is part of the Humanstate Group, an international private technology services group that combines state-of-the-art web-based applications with on-demand payment processing. Working from offices in the UK, Switzerland, Canada, South Africa and the United States, we are inspired and united by the drive to create great user experiences and delightful digital products. We like complex challenges, we like to do new things, and we like people who are excited by their work. We’re a small team with big responsibilities: our brands include GivenGain, an online fundraising platform, and PayProp, an automated Web- based payment processing platform for property managers and rental agents. The Humanstate Group employs 140 professionals in 5 countries and processes more than one billion Pound Sterling annually.
You will be responsible for developing the US market by introducing the platform and service to potential clients. You will be responsible for developing sales opportunities within your territory by strategically prospecting accounts and delivering great presentations to inspire event managers to evaluate and sign up to use our platform.
You will be predominantly field-based, focused on growing customers and revenues for the GivenGain Foundation, and will be given a designated area of operation, for which you will have a sales target.
You will work as part of a team as well as autonomously. In addition to your main function, you will keep the CRM system up-to-date; provide accurate details on prospects; and manage and maintain a sales pipeline for reporting purposes.
- Sell the GivenGain Foundation’s service to mass participation event managers
- Consistently achieve monthly sales targets
- Build, manage and grow your sales pipeline by strategically prospecting leads
- Manage the full cycle of in-the-field sales, from qualifying to demonstrations and closing business
- Work with the rest of the GivenGain team to successfully onboard new clients
- Raise the profile of the GivenGain Foundation in the market
- Become an expert in our space and our solution
- Be a GivenGain Foundation ambassador in the market
- Attend industry conferences and create a network within the mass participation event industry
Skills and experience:
- This is a mid-level position that requires 3-5 experience in the relevant field (software/applications/SaaS)
- A proactive problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Skilled negotiator
- Excellent sales- and networking skills
- High level of energy
- Proven performance in direct sales
- Experience in managing client relationships to improve retention numbers and maximize revenue
- Excellent product knowledge, providing the ability to comfortably discuss and advise on the platform offerings
- Results driven with good time management skills
- The ability to build relationships and manage stakeholders
- Can-do approach and ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to develop trusted relationships
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University is strongly preferred
Start date: TBC