Brand Manager Buyer - Brooksee
Brooksee is a fast-growing endurance event company committed to elevating the event experience for endurance athletes. We currently operate the REVEL Race Series with 8 marathons and half marathons in the US and Canada, in addition to the Portland Marathon.
We are seeking a Brand Manager / Buyer to join our talented team of event professionals. This is a full-time position for on-site work in our offices in Pleasant Grove, UT. Compensation is negotiable depending on qualifications. Applicants should email their resume to email@example.com.
The successful applicant will have a well-rounded skillset that covers elements of brand control as well as supply chain and project management. Knowledge of and personal experience in the distance running industry will be critical to functioning in this role. The applicant must have a keen eye for design and fashion, and also be able to track project tasks, deadlines, order quantities, etc.
Position Responsibilities: The functions of the position are split between (1) Brand Management and (2) Purchasing, and there will be much overlap between the two functions. Specific duties of each function will include, but are limited to, the following:
- Brand Management:
- Oversee marketing and advertising efforts
- Manage team of graphic designers
- Venue activation planning and design
- Management of event photography plan
- Manage the merchandising plan for all events (tops, bottoms, jackets, headwear, footwear, etc)
- Oversee the procurement of all event-related materials such as shirts, medals, swag, awards, bibs, signage, physical media and displays, physical assets and branded items, etc.
- Establish relationships with overseas manufacturers to allow for direct sourcing of items above (travelling when necessary)
- Manage budget related to all items listed above
- Travel to company events to assist in race production
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current with industry trends, fashion tendencies, and participant preferences
- Ability to multi-task while dealing with crucial deadlines
- Efficient and organized to ensure all tasks are met on a daily basis
- Effective communication, presenting, and writing skills
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Positive attitude, commitment to succeed, and willingness to go above and beyond
- Long-term commitment
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Endurance athlete strongly preferred
- Must be able to travel to all company events performing manual labor and work irregular hours (up to 80 hours per week during event weeks)
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish or Mandarin is a bonus
- Must be able to lift 35+ pounds repeatedly