Entries Now Open for Run Happy Pitch Fest Presented by Brooks at 2019 Running USA Industry Conference
Running USA event members will have the chance to pitch for value-in-kind sponsorship packages from leading endurance companies Brooks Running and Nuun in Puerto Rico
DETROIT (Sept. 1, 2018) – Small road races eager to earn additional value-in-kind product sponsorships for their upcoming events in the Run Happy Pitch Fest Presented by Brooks can now submit their entries for consideration.
This unique opportunity, never before offered at a Running USA conference, is set for Feb. 11 in Puerto Rico and is the result of collaboration between Running USA and industry supporters Brooks Running and Nuun hydration.
“Presenters will be vying for first, second and third place while presenting their races. This is a chance to showcase your event and earn value-in-kind support for your next event from our awesome partners, Brooks and Nuun,” said Running USA vice president of programming, partnerships and operations Christine Bowen.
Finalists will pitch for sponsorships from Brooks and Nuun at the 2019 Industry Conference powered by the ACTIVE Network, set for Feb. 10-12 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Find the application for the Run Happy Pitch Fest here.
“The Run Happy Pitch Fest is an exciting way for us to learn about the innovative ways event organizers are engaging with runners,” said Stevie Jones, event marketing manager, Brooks Running. “At Brooks, we’re looking to sponsor races that inspire people to get out and run. We’re thrilled to provide the three best pitch fest participants with Brooks gear and support from our dedicated team.”
To participate in the Pitch Fest, applicants must:
- Host an event which has less than 3000 registered runners.
- Event must not have a current shoe company sponsor.
- Only one submission per person/event/event management company. Any organization or person submitting more than once will be automatically disqualified.
- By submitting an application, you are agreeing to attend and present in person at the 2019 Running USA Industry conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Finalists are responsible for registering for the conference at the current price and funding their own travel and accommodations.
- Submissions will open Sept. 1. Look for the application links and information on the RunningUSA.org website and in the weekly newsletter.
- Additional details: The term of the value in kind sponsorship is for 1 year only. The sponsorship agreement will be between Brooks Running and Nuun directly. Running USA does not assume any role or responsibility for between the winning parties and the sponsors.
Submit your race for consideration and the chance to pitch in Puerto Rico.
About Running USA
Running USA is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization devoted to improving the status and experience of distance running and racing in the United States through collective marketing and promotions, information and communications within the industry and to the national media, services to events and industry members, and the development of American world class stars. It seeks the advancement of the sport and the provision of value to each of its members' events and businesses. For more information, visit RunningUSA.org
Brooks Running Company sells its performance footwear, apparel, sports bras and accessories in more than 50 countries worldwide. Brooks’ purpose is to inspire everyone to run and be active by creating innovative gear designed to keep runners running longer, farther and faster. This purpose is supported by Brooks’ Run Happy philosophy, a quest to celebrate and champion the sport of running and all runners everywhere. Founded 1914, Brooks is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and is headquartered in Seattle. Visit www.brooksrunning.com for more information or follow us on Twitter (@brooksrunning) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/brooksrunning).
Nuun, based in Seattle, WA, is on a mission to inspire a healthier, happier, more active lifestyle so that everyone can achieve life’s next personal best. As the pioneer of electrolyte enhanced drink tablets, Nuun is passionate about and committed to replenishing active people and our planet by using clean ingredients and practices in the great tasting and industry leading sports drink. Founded in 2004, Nuun was the first to separate electrolyte replacement from carbohydrates. To learn more, visit www.nuun.com or follow them on social media.